Locksmithing/Major Safe

Question
I have opened this safe countless times, and now it refuses to open.  We had an earthquake recently - could that have set the combination off?  I am exhausted trying to get it opened.  Can you recommend someone in my area 92253 to come and service it?

Thanks

Dorothy Payne

Answer
Hi Dorothy,

Generally no - an earthquake will NOT affect the lock operation - unless something actually falls and hits the dial, or the safe falls over.

Chances are it is simply a mechanical or service issue.    You didn't mention when it was last serviced, but I would be willing to bet it has been 5 or more years.

For commercial use, we recommend annual maintenance to keep the locks operating correctly.    For residential use you can go 3-5 years, however the caveat to both of these cycles would be OR as soon as you notice a problem!

I do have a couple good service techs that I would recommend that aren't too far from you.

Stratton Safes
909-963-0801          Neil Stratton
240 Maple Ave Ste G
Beaumont, CA   92223

Professional Safecracking
760-805-2958          Todd Kerm
P.O.B. 1506
Temecula, Ca.    92593

Neil is a tad closer than Todd, but Todd is strictly mobile so he may have more available time than Neil.     Either one should be able to take care of your safe and get it operational again.

Hope this helps,

Locksmithing

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)