Locksmithing/R&D safe works rebuild

Question
Front view
Front view  

Backside
Backside  
Howdy Terry,
I have a R&D safe works guns safe large size roughly 5.5' x 2' x 3' with a standard dial lock that a locksmith broke into by using a grinder to cut out the dial in a small square pattern around the dial and removed the dial assembly. I can't give much more detail as I am just not very knowledgeable of safes. The handle still operates the bolts just fine and I am wondering if you can tell me what my chances are of getting this thing rebuilt with an electronic lock system s I I can secure my guns and such in it when I get them back. Appreciate your time on this one if I can answer any questions just ask and I will do so to the best of my ability. Thanks again.
Brian

Answer
Hi Brian,

Hopefully you didn't pay that hack for ruining your safe????   "THIS" is ONE of the main reasons that I NEVER recommend using locksmiths for safe work.

As far as getting it rebuilt - YES it can be repaired, however the question comes to mind - what are your metal working / welding skills???

If you can fabricate and weld then you can repair it fairly inexpensively.   If you can't then you will need to find a safe company that has the skills.   Unfortunately the cost MAY far out weigh the value of the safe.

This hack locksmith not only charged you (I mean ripped you off) to open the safe, he did no repairs and left you with a badly damaged safe, which in the end MAY cost you $$$'s for a new safe.

I would be happy to answer some more specific questions just keep in mind I'm not going to teach you metal working, welding or safe repairs.   

My first recommendation would be to check with local safe companies to get a repair cost.   If you don't have one let me know where you are located (zipcode) and I'll see who I might know and/or recommend in your area.

Wish you had contacted me first on this one!  

Locksmithing

Terry V. Andreasen (Andy)