Logistics/Supply Chain/query

Question
HELLO SIR,
I'M 22 YRS. OF MY AGE. I'VE COMPLETED MY B.TECH THIS JULY WITH MORE THAN 60% MARKS. I'M VERY FOND OF TRAVELING THAT'S WHY I'M WILLING TO JOIN A INDUSTRY UNDER WHICH I CAN LIVE MY DREAM TO ACTUALLY PERFORM MY JOB BY HAVING DEEP INTEREST IN IT AND TO TRAVEL AS MANY AS PLACES BEFORE I SAY BYE.

YOUR EVERY SUGGESTION IS VALUABLE FOR ME.

Answer
Hello Manish

Thank you so much for contacting me.

Good thing is that you understand, what drives you?

While planning a career, I think you should take into consideration more than one thing.

In an ideal scenario, it should be a combination of your formal education, your interests and opportunities available.

Considering that you are B.Tech graduate with a desire to see the the world,  a job with an Airline or Shipping Company may offer you the desired combination. For example; Pilot and Marine Engineer require technical education plus offer the travel opportunity that you are seeking.

There are hosts of other jobs which offer travel opportunities at different level. For example a Sales director might be travelling a lot but then you have start career as a Sales Executive which offers travel opportunities only in a local market to begin with.

While planning career you should also ask a question to yourself whether you would like to do that forever in life. After travelling for number of years and staying away from family it can be monotonousness and hectic. Frequent travelers also have a set of health issues that you should be aware.

Photo Journalist for a Magazine is also another example which demands frequent travel but then opportunities are confined to the publication industry alone.

Quality Auditors, Account Auditors also required to travel a lot. The best thing would be to explore job specifications while applying for a job and check the travel requirement.

I would also advise you to see a career counselor locally before you jump to a conclusion.

Hope this reply helps you and please free to write to me for further questions that you may have.

Best Regards
Sanjay More  

Logistics/Supply Chain

Sanjay R. M.