Logistics/Supply Chain/Supply Chain Management Career

I am a civil engineer and currently pursuing Masters in Project Management(Last semester), India.

Q-1) I want to know the career prospecr of SCM in construction Industry
Q-2) What if I want to switch to SCM from my current field of Project Management, will that be a good decsision ?
Q-3) Basically I am not interested to work on site and want to make a career whcih gives me growth as well as office work ?

Hi Talha

One can write a book for this question also SCM / Logistics related roles are not offered OR dont exist in the Construction Industry unlike the Manufacturing Industry. Remember construction industry mostly unorganized. May be companies like DLF may have a Logistics or Materials Management Position, you need to explore yourself on this.

First of all go for your passion which means if SCM is an area for which you would go to any extent. Dont choose your career for Money or Other comforts. So you decide which one to choose, i will not be telling you what to choose.

Remember without working in the Field you cant learn agriculture, without working in the site you will never the ABC of the construction industry.  

Logistics/Supply Chain

mohamed sheriff

Transportation, Warehousing, 3PL Operations, Logistics IT, SCM Strategy and Execution

Logistic Operations and Logistic IT

Participated and presented papers at a few Leading Conferences on Logistics and SCM, Written an Article on RFID for CII Logistics

M.S in Logistics

i am Certified Supply Chain Manager from ISCEA

FedEx, Kuhne Nagel, DHL Exel, UTI