London/Buses in London

Question
QUESTION: Can you please advise me which buses I should catch to travel from the Tower of London to the Imperial War Museum, on Saturday.
Many thanks,
Roger.

ANSWER: Hi Roger

The first thing to say is that if you are going this month, the IWM is very busy so expect a bit of a wait to get into the 1WW Galleries but it is worth it. See my blog: http://londonlivingsue.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/londons-imperial-war-museum-reopen

There is no direct bus and there any quite a few variations but one options is to take the 15 westbound from in front of the Tower and get off at the Aldwych and head to Waterloo Bridge to pick up 59 southbound which drops you just by the IWM. Here's a link to a bus map of central London which is a bit hard to decipher but if you persist it does the job: http://www.tfl.gov.uk/cdn/static/cms/documents/bus-route-maps/central-london-bus

I hope this helps.

Regards
Sue
@itsyourlondon

QUESTION: Thank you for your quick response, can you please let me know the buses from Borough Market to Imperial War Museum.
Thanks,
Roger.

ANSWER: Hi Roger,

Still no direct buses for this route but you could take a 35/40/133/343 to Elephant and Castle and it's a 10 minute stroll up to the IWM from there.

Try the London Transport route planner which is good for checking all your options; http://www.tfl.gov.uk/

Regards
Sue
@itsyourlondon

QUESTION: Hi Sue,
I am sorry to be a nuisance, but what would be the options of a bus from the Tower to Borough Market, also, do you know about parking either on the road near the Tower, or near Borough.
Thanks again,
Roger.

Answer
Hi Roger

You are probably just as well to walk this if you can as it will take about 15 minutes. Again there is no direct bus but if you do need one then probably the 15 westbound to London Bridge and then  walk the bit over London Bridge and into the market which is very short.

I'm about to leave for Kent for the weekend and unfortunately cannot pick these questions up on the move so you should have a look at the links I sent you if you need any other answers over the next couple of days.

Regards
Sue
@itsyourlondon  

London

Sue Hillman