London/visitors insurance

Hello Sue,

A senior couple (aged 85 and 78) are visiting London from Asia.  Can you please guide us about the travellers insurance as I believe there are companies who do give out insurance to 80 plus visitors too.

What will be the weather like in mid July so they can bring the required type of clothing.  They live in a very hot and humid climate zone, so probably are not used to the cold temperatures.

Hi Jamara

We have companies who specialise in travel insurance for older people although I'm not sure how international they are. Have a look at this link for Saga insurance for starters:

As for the July weather, it is unpredictable so short sleeves with a cover up and an umbrella are recommended. Daytime should be around 20 on average but be prepared for higher and lower - that's British weather for you!

I hope that helps

Sue Hillman

All things London - you name it, I either know it or can find it very quickly. I'm particularly good on restaurants and sightseeing but you can try me on anything!

I've lived in London for about 30 years and am an avid consumer of all aspects of London life. I love exploring and get out and about every week to see new sights or revisit old favourites. I'm the on hand expert for friends and family and visiting friends of friends. This year I have set up a company for visitors to London offering a tailor made design and planning service called It's Your London. I like to help people enjoy this great city so would like to join your site as an expert. I've travelled extensively myself so have a good idea of what information visitors and potential visitors will need.

Gold Partner of Visit London. Institute of Travel and Tourism. Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development.

My blog is the main publishing vehicle at the moment:

Degree in European Studies. Post graduate Diplomas in Careers Guidance and Personnel Management.