London/visitors insurance

Question
Hello Sue,

A senior couple (aged 85 and 78) are visiting London from Asia.  Can you please guide us about the travellers insurance as I believe there are companies who do give out insurance to 80 plus visitors too.

What will be the weather like in mid July so they can bring the required type of clothing.  They live in a very hot and humid climate zone, so probably are not used to the cold temperatures.

Thanks
Jamara

Answer
Hi Jamara

We have companies who specialise in travel insurance for older people although I'm not sure how international they are. Have a look at this link for Saga insurance for starters: https://www.saga.co.uk/insurance/travel-insurance/quotation/landing/pr4600.aspx

As for the July weather, it is unpredictable so short sleeves with a cover up and an umbrella are recommended. Daytime should be around 20 on average but be prepared for higher and lower - that's British weather for you!

I hope that helps

Regards
Sue
@itsyourlondon  

London

Sue Hillman