London/Travel to UK.

Question
Our family will be travelling to London in the last week of July 2015.  We are a couple with a 20 year old son and a 14 year old daughter.  We will be reaching UK in installments and have also to visit a couple of family members in a span of 2 weeks.  So not sure how much sight seeing we will be able to do.  

My request is that if you could please suggest some places to see.  Our relatives are spread out in Ealing, Hunslow, Essex, Brighton and Hayling Island.  

Also do let us know what type of currency do we carry with us and how much? As I believe a lot will be used in transportation.

Thank you
Regards
Rusita

Answer
Hi Rusita,

If this is your first trip to London I would suggest concentrating on London's top 10, working your way through this list depending on your interests, although I would leave out Madame Tussauds unless you really want to see it.

http://www.visitlondon.com/things-to-do/sightseeing/london-attraction/top-ten-at

The Visitlondon.com site is full of great information so it would be worth you spend some time checking things out on it.

Given where your relatives are it looks like you will be doing quite a lot of travelling so I hope you have quite a bit of time.

As for money, British pounds are the only currency you can use except for a very few outlets that might take Euros but that's pretty unusual. Most places take credit or debit cards. As you have so much transportation, have a look at passes from Transport for London who run the tubes, buses and some mainline train services:

https://tfl.gov.uk/  

The cheapest fares and the easiest to use are with an Oyster card, this is explained on the Transport for London site which has maps and general info so again, have a look around the rest of the site. You can buy an Oyster card before you leave your country.

I hope this helps and that you have a good trip, catching up with family and seeing some of London.

Regards
Sue
@itsyourlondon

London

Sue Hillman