Long Distance Relationships/Marriage

Question
QUESTION: Is 5 yrs too long after living together and still waiting to get married.

ANSWER: Hey Marina,

Thanks for writing in and dropping a word. It takes a lot to open up about issues in the back of the mind and when its related to our heart, it takes guts to pen down left alone talk with someone about the same. I appreciate your gesture in pouring your heart felt emotions and seeking a helping hand for the same. Kudos to you !!!

Well to be honest, it doesn't matter how long you been together and how much time you spent. It matters during this period, how much serious talks and healthy conversations about life and life after marriage you talked. It depends have you been able to relate to each other during this period or can understand each others silence or not. Don't see duration, just see are you mentally prepared to give your best and can two of you ready to give each other value for each others wishes and desires. Never stress too much about marriage, it's never late or too early, when the mutual understanding is there between partners!!

Just go out and give your best and  things would fall in place...

All the best !!

Cheers,
Relationship Counsellor
Bringing smiles on the faces on the way .....
(relationships.counsellor@gmail.com)

QUESTION: Thank u for ur answer. It makes sense. Although I didn't tell u all of it. After, living together for 5 years. We now are 2 1/2 hours away. We r doing a long distance relationship bc of work related issues w economy. I am staying on my coast bc I have a son that will be w me for another 4 years. Can a relationship survive by seeing each other  most weekends. When is it time to walk away if there is no commitment in site. And, is it normal to be a rocky start of the long distance relationship especially after 5 years together seeing each other daily. Thx

Answer
Hey Marina,

Thanks for writing back and taking my wordings in positive sense. Good to have more details around the relationship. Well, I would rather suggest and go ahead with same thing that, this long distance relationship would continue as long as there is mutual comfort zone and space for each other.

The craving and longing for each other would be there naturally, as you share life and desire to be with loved one. But calling it true relationship or long term, that's still doubtful, unless you see that either sides make attempt to cut the distance or value each other's priorities and one person adjusts. Normally in long distance true relationship, with even slightest opportunity guy makes attempt to be with his partner, these are small signs which you need to take care of and you are well mature person to see the writing on the wall.

Have a great life ahead and always back your instincts.

All the best !!

Cheers,
Relationship Counsellor
(relationships.counsellor@gmail.com)

Long Distance Relationships

Relationship Counsellor