Long Distance Relationships/Long Distance Relationship where's it going

My boyfriend and I have pretty much been together for a year and 3 months and I recently started college in August. We've been trying to adjust but it's hard. When I'm home, we get along very well, but when I'm here were arguing or being upset. I'd hate the thought of us breaking up, but where are we headed? I want to be with him, but it's hard and he's kind of clingy. I don't feel like I can do what normal college people do? Ae we going to make it?

college changes everything; as you're learning, this emotional drama will ruin the college experience you are paying for, and need to grow; it's difficult, but for now, you really need to let this relationship go, as it will only continue to create distress and eventually die a slow death; at this point in your life, you need to interact with many others you're with, without having to be distracted by issues with him; and if you follow my advice and let this go, don't try and be "friends" until BOTH of you have let go of all romantic feelings and are completely "neutral", otherwise nothing except the label on this arrangement will change..

Long Distance Relationships

expertise: over 3000 questions answered...B.A. Psychology Bates College;graduate study, Fordham Univ. School Social Work; technical editor, "dating for dummies", by dr joy browne; thoughtful consideration of your question, then insightful advice about love,romance and related issues given in an objective, non-judgmental manner...over 20 years of personal experience in both short and long term relationships...longer term consultations are available experience: personal involvement in many relationships where issues of love, sex, intimacy, trust, etc., had to be dealt with and resolved...just having "experiences", however, isn`t`s the thoughtful reflection upon and analysis of what happened and why, that leads to learning and tell me what`s on your mind and i`ll try to help, or tell you if i can`t...thanks

see above