Losing Your Virginity/Losing virginity

Hi, me and my boyfriend have been talking about sex and we are both virgins, but feel like we are ready. Im worried about it as loads of girls say it hurts. Ive spoken briefly about it to my mum and apparently I wasn't born with a hymen. Oh and we have done plenty of foreplay before and i am quite loose. Should it still hurt? And what does it feel like to loose your virginity? For a male and female?

Your mind is mostly on hurting when it should be on disease and pregnancy prevention.  If you are going to be sexually active, make plans for STD defense and contraception.  Some females say that it hurts to have sex for the first time, but very few males say that.  Most people enjoy their first time.  

The main cause of female discomfort is not the hymen but the vaginal wall muscles squeezing too tight.  I suspect you will have a good time.

More information can be found at http://www.healthystrokes.com/virginity.html.

Feel free to ask me more questions!

Losing Your Virginity

Doug Adams, Ph.D.

I am happy to answer any questions on this topic. I am experienced answering questions in all areas of sexuality.

I am an AllExperts expert in eight sexuality categories and have answered questions from both males and females for over 13 years on my web site HealthyStrokes.com.

I have a Ph.D. in a field unrelated to sexuality.

I have helped thousands of people with their questions about sexuality.