Losing Your Virginity/Virginity

Question
Hi, I'm a female just turned 16 and a virgin. My question would be, If I should have a sexual relationship yet?
I'm friends with benefits with a guy my age since last year, but we've known each other for a couple of years. The reason why we aren't in a relationship is because we live in different cities, not so far (an hour), but we can't see each other constantly. Last time we saw each other was on March and we just talk online and videochat once in a while. He's insinuated sexual interest by bringing up topics and we've slightly sexted (no pictures). He isn't a virgin and he says he wishes he had waited for someone more meaningful to him. And mentioned, he had a feeling I was that person. I want to do it and feel ready, but I don't know how bad or good will that affect me later.

Answer
If you're asking if you should be sexual, then you shouldn't be.  I also think you don't know what "friends with benefits" means.  FWB means having sex with a friend when each of you are without a relationship.  If you are still in high school, then you are in constant contact with males your age and should be getting to know (and possibly being sexual with) local boys.  There is no reason to be in this awkward relationship with someone from another city.

Losing Your Virginity

Doug Adams, Ph.D.