Lupus/Lupus!!

americant1k wrote at 2011-11-19 03:47:21
I was diagnosed with lupus 4 years ago. Fortunately I have insurance from my wife's job, because even though I work for some of the largest companies in the inspection and quality assurance fields in america they don't offer insurance to the lowly trash they don't want to make permanent.

The medication I'm on works well for now but I'm sure that won't last forever.

From what I've read researching the subject, the number of people being diagnosed with lupus has reached epidemic levels. I was a 57 year old male when I found out I had it. I understand that there are a lot of other people my age finding out about it also now days. That leads me to think that there may be several outside causes in the form of some kind of pollution that's causing a lot of the new cases.

If so I don't expect the culprits' or the american't government to say anything about it unless the lawyers and ambulance chasers start needing more work.

Luckily I can still work so at least I can make sure our government can continue to pay for the free health care our good friends from south of the border are well taken care of, and we all know that's the most important thing isn't it.

Brittany wrote at 2012-12-07 05:50:50
I just wanted to say I am a young adult at 20 that was diagnosed with lupus. My mother was diagnosed seven years ago. This is a serious dieses that affects many people's lives. I was first diagnosed with a spastic colon dieses two years ago, and the past 6 months I have had a dramatic change. I was first diagnosed with desciod lupus, now I have systematic lupus as well. It affects my every day life, I am always tired, extreme rashes, depression, and horrible stomach pain that can't be controlled. All I wanted to say is first always count your blessings. Second if you ever sick do not hesitate to go to the doctor if your sick. And last to always be great full of what you have, because there's somebody out there who doesn't.  

Lupus

Cynthia Donlan