Lupus/Lupus and Sex

Hello. My friend has been diagnosed with A Typical Tuberlocus aka
micro mycobacterium avium complex and external Lupus.

My question is and please feel free to refer elsewhere if necessary but can I get either one of these diseases from him:
1. with intercourse
2. oral sex and swallowing
3. kissing
4. contact with his blood in any way

I also have a weakened immune system due to speelectomy and Graves.

Thank you very much for your help

Thanks for writing in.
Lupus is not contagious.

But tuberculosis usually is, as it is bacterial. I would ask your doctor, or someone more knowledgeable about TB and the specific kind of TB you are dealing with as to how careful you have to be. Proceed with caution with tuberculosis!

Carla Ulbrich
Holistic Health coach, author, lupus survivor

Carla Ulbrich

I can answer questions such as "what is lupus?" (How common is it? Is it contagious? What are the symptoms? etc.). Also, I can answer questions such as "what are the available treatments for lupus?" (both standard and alternative). Really, I'll take almost any question on lupus, though. If I can't answer it, I'll be very surprised, but I'll also go find someone who can.

I've been living with lupus (SLE) since 1992. I've had three severe bouts with it, including symptoms such as kidney failure and stroke (if you can call having a stroke a "symptom"). I have completely regained my health, though I have to be mindful to take care of myself, lest I get sick again. I use both mainstream and alternative medicine, and have tried just about everything under the sun to alleviate symptoms. A lot of it worked.

Lupus Foundation of America Association for Applied and Therapeutic Humor Toastmasters Folk Alliance

How Can You Not Laugh at a Time Like This? (Tell Me Press, pub.) What is Laughter Lupus Sundial Newsletter

BA in music (UNC-Greensboro)

Novelty Song of the Year, Just Plain Folk Awards Winner, South Florida Folk Festival Song Competition Lupus Foundation of America Seal of Approval (for book)

Medicaid Conference Alaska Palliative Care Conference Right at Home Health Care SePHIMA Anritsu Club Med Nursing in Practice