Lutherans/God

Question
Hello!
Why doesn't God love me?

Answer
Andrew,

I'm sorry to hear that you are under the impression God does not love you.  

Because this question is so personal, and so broad, it could really only be answered properly in a conversation, and I could never do justice to it in a forum such as this where I cannot interactively communicate with you.  

However, I will tell you the Bible reveals that God loves "the world" in John 3:16, which I would conclude also includes you.  Even though we all anger Him by our sins, he desires to forgive them, and offers that forgiveness to all who trust that Jesus is their substitute in suffering God's wrath by His crucifixion, regardless of how many or how sever those sins are.  

The troubles and tragedies we face in this life are not evidence that God does not love, but that the world itself (including relationships, nature, and our own bodies) has been broken by human sin.  God does not punish sins with direct earthly retribution, but rather we all suffer under the weight of sin's burden and its consequences on this life and world.

I would encourage you to find a Biblical pastor near you or a Christian friend and discuss this in person for a more thorough and personal exploration of the answers to your question.  

Lutherans

Rev. Jason P. Peterson