Lutherans/THE KJV HOLY BIBLE AND IT'S SOURCES

Question
Is all of it the word of GOD?  And is JESUS CHRIST the only path to GOD?

Answer
Lew:

Thank you for your question.  As Lutheran Christians, we believe that the Holy Bible is the Word of God, "insofar as it points to Christ." (Martin Luther) Jesus Christ is the Word of God (John 1) and the Bible contains the witness of Jesus Christ for the people of God.  Some have termed this, "the words that show us the Word."  It it all holy? Yes, we believe that the Bible is the record of what the Holy Spirit has passed on to us, what we need to know to understand and accept the revelation of God in Jesus Christ.  But, we evaluate the Scripture by means of that revelation.  Many of the laws recorded in the Torah, or first five books of the Bible, such as kosher eating, no longer pertain to us in an authoritative manner.  The Law was, as St. Paul says in Galatians 3:23-24, a "tutor" that kept the people connected to God until Jesus came.

Jesus is the final, ultimate revelation of God's saving love for the world (John 3:16-17) and as such is the way to God.  We believe that he is the final way to God, the one given to us by God.  Could someone be saved without knowing Jesus?  Perhaps, that is up to God's divine judgement and grace, but we proclaim and teach that Jesus is the way to the Father and the only way of which we are certain.

I hope that this has been helpful.

Blessing to you,
Martin

Lutherans

Martin W. Eldred