Lutherans/Divorce & remarriage

Rev. Jason P. Peterson wrote at 2014-07-15 21:31:16
As an LCMS pastor, I can verify that Martin's summary is accurate.  While your LCMS pastor will certainly walk with you through this difficult time, he must act in accord with the laws of your state and wait along with you before he is able to act.  Meanwhile he can apply the Lord'd Word and Sacraments to strengthen your patience and be a resource to guide you through the choices that you will face.  

Martin W. Eldred

I have been a Lutheran Christian for 55 years and a Lutheran pastor for almost 27. I can answer most general questions about Luther, Lutheran History, Lutheran Theology, and a Lutheran approach to Biblical Interpretation. I am ELCA, for those who know what that means, and I tend to be moderate theologically. I hope that I can converse with those that are either more conservative or liberal than I, and especially with those who are really just seeking.

Pastors are "generalists" and generally have a working knowledge on many subjects. We are also used to working with a variety of answers from a variety of people. I teach a great deal, especially in the area ofthe New Testament. I particulalry enjoy the Pauline literature.

I have been a member of the Society of Biblical Literature, an international gathering of biblical scholars and teachers, since the late 1980s.

I have written a few book reviews for the journal, "Lutheran Quarterly."

I have a B.A. from Pacific Lutheran University in Religion (Biblical Studies)and a Master of Divinity from Wartburg Theological Seminary, and I am currently completing a PhD in New Testament.