Lyme Disease/lyme in australia

Question
hello
Would you know any doctors that treat Lyme in this country.
Was bitten about 6 months ago I feel so sick
Regards
May

Answer
Dear May, thank you so much for writing. I'm hearing more and more from Lyme patients in Australia and it is apparently very difficult to find MDs who are trained in Lyme treatment.

I know there is a great organization in Australia called "Lyme Disease Association of Australia" - they are getting more and more active in getting the word out and that would be a great place to start. The website is: http://www.lymedisease.org.au/

Also, there is a Lyme ND who is Australian but lives here in Southern California. However, I believe she travels to Australia a few times per year and treats patients there.  She has written several great books on Lyme: The Lyme Diet and a new one: A Beginners Guide to Lyme. Her name is Niccola McFadzean and her website is: http://restormedicine.com/our-team/san-diego-naturopath/

Her book is a good resource to have - http://www.amazon.com/The-Beginners-Guide-Lyme-Disease/dp/0988243717. Also if you are interested in following a naturopathic route versus prescription antibiotics, you should read the book by Stephen Buhner called: Healing Lyme. http://www.amazon.com/Healing-Lyme-Prevention-Borreliosis-Coinfections/dp/097086

It would be wonderful if you could set up an appt with her the next time she comes to Australia or at the very least either the Lyme Association in Australia or Dr. McFadzean could give you a referral.

And finally, there is a document online which many of the Lyme trained doctors in the U.S. use as a guideline for treating Lyme and other co-infections. It is written by Dr. James Burrascano. There is some GREAT information here as well as a checklist on page 9 which I would recommend going through and checking off any symptoms you've experienced. You can read it at: http://www.lymenet.org/BurrGuide200810.pdf

I hope this has helped - please keep in touch!

Best,
Bonni

Lyme Disease

Bonni