MASH/Singer/Guitar Player

Rhetoric Camel wrote at 2008-04-19 00:02:36
He has a myspace page, just type in his name, he's a folk guitarist, pretty good to. I wish I could find this song from Rainbow Bridge, it's a good song. Hope I was able to help

pisgah_hiker wrote at 2009-06-22 03:53:44
The song is called "North Korean Blues" but we can't find the sheet music.  If you remember the episode where Hawkeye and the gang say, "Come on in, slip off your skin and rattle around in your bones" - that's actually a line from this song (though Wainwright's original lyric was "dance around in your bones).  He still tours and I'd love to see him!

saukkomies wrote at 2011-05-31 23:36:52
The song Loudon Wainwright III sang in "Rainbow Bridge" episode (where they show him sitting on the hill with his guitar) is called "North Korea Blues". Good luck finding it on YouTube! I can't.

Wainwright was a very prolific folk musician in the early 1970s. Perhaps his most famous song was "Dead Skunk In the Middle of the Road".  

Stephen C. Ramirez wrote at 2012-09-30 04:48:30
Hi,I to was looking for the sheet music for (North Korean Blues)for a very long time with no luck I hadn't seen the episode of rainbow bridge in 15 years. but always could remember the lyrics so my Cousin lent me the box set of M.A.S.H and watched the episode and watched his hand movements on the chords and I saw him use a G5,Am,D,chords you have to hammer on the top bass E string in the G5 chord at the start and on the next time around on the G5 chord take your Index Finger of the A-string and put it on the D-string.At least that's what I got from it and it sounds pretty good to me and is how I play it.Good luck,hope this helps all the people that have been looking for the Chords.

Thomas Bubu wrote at 2013-06-16 09:53:49
Am  G

Oh Tokio

Am

They got some saki........clean sheets

D

3x oh kimono

G

tokyo is the town i love the best

Am

east may be east and west may be west

D

forget about between , it 'll drive you insane

D          G

and teach you things you never knew before

It goes like this, i hope. i was listening to it very closely, also watching - dunno where G5 should go but without it, it is still ok.

MASH 4ever , good luck ;)

Thomas Bubu wrote at 2013-06-16 09:53:54
Am  G

Oh Tokio

Am

They got some saki........clean sheets

D

3x oh kimono

G

tokyo is the town i love the best

Am

east may be east and west may be west

D

D          G

MASH 4ever , good luck ;)

Mike wrote at 2016-03-26 20:35:26
Here's a great link that shows the chords over the video of Loudon Wainwright III on the MASH episode singing North Korean Blues / Oh Tokyo.

http://play.riffstation.com/?v=A0CRMPBXshI

MASH

Megan McKay