MASH/Song from a tv show episode

Question
In one of the episodes a soldier is angry about something, I think a dear John letter. He picks up a guitar and sings about how people are going to be sorry when he's dead. I think part of the song he says something like -"You're going to be sorry when I die and I'm going to laugh, I'm going to chuckle, guffaw,chortle, chortle, chortle, etc."-
I remember it as a hilarious scene, everything about it was outrageous; the voice, the delivery, the lyrics. I hope you can tell me how I can find it.
Thanks,
Carlos

Answer
Hi Carlos,
  The episode you are referring to is Season 3's, "There is Nothing Like A Nurse." Indeed, the song you are looking for is called, "When I Die," written and performed by Louden Wainwright III.
  I believe the song is sung at the end of the episode when the nurses return. The lyrics are available on the Internet simply by searching for MASH lyrics.
  Hopefully, this has helped you and thanks for using AllExperts.com!

Ed Solomonson

MASH

Ed Solomonson