MASH/STAR BEER

Question
I have tried to research it but didn't have any luck.  The beer they drank in the officers club was "STAR" in a tannish/ brownish color can and bottles at times I think.  Anyway, do you know where this "STAR" beer was made?

Answer
Hi John, I apologise for the delay in my response. I searched for Star Beer and found a website. According to their 'About' Section, Star Beer was originally manafactured in Nigeria in the 1940's, and is still producing beer today.

http://www.star-nigeria.com/Rebrand/about.html

I'm not sure if this is specifically what you're looking for, but it's possible that the producers of MASH didn't use the specific brand for financial or copyright reasons? I'm really not sure.

Thanks very much for your question!

MASH

Lisa