MASH/extra wearing glasses

I have watched M.A.S.H. for years and always will be a die hard fan. Here is my question. There is an extra that has appeared as a driver for Margaret, generals and other brass throughout the years on M.A.S.H., and the only time he ever had any lines was in the very last episode where there was group of them sitting around and talking about what they were going to do after the war, who is he?

Hello, John,
  The extra you're asking about is Dennis Troy. As you already stated, he has appeared in many episodes for various roles and has had a few speaking lines.
   In the final episode, Goodbye, Farewell and Amen, I believe he mentioned he was going to live in Colorado, which is where Mr. Troy actually lives.
   As for being a die hard fan, I certainly can relate!
   Thanks for using!

Ed Solomonson

Ed Solomonson

I am the co-author of the 828 page, "TV'S M*AS*H - The Ultimate Guide Book." After six years of research and speaking with over 45 M*A*S*H alumni including cast members, guest stars, producers, writers and directors, I can most likely answer any question put to me.

So much a fan since September 17, 1972, I even wrote a book on the subject.

High school plus some college and trade school.