MASH/Possible PVC pipes

On the episode where Frank had to have his hernia operation, a shot of the scrub sink was shown. It appeared that the pipe leading to the faucets was PVC pipe. Was it or were the metal pipes just painted white?

Hi Alethea!

I'm so sorry this took so long, I didn't get the notification, just a reminder about this question..   Please forgive the lapse.

On your question - Good observation, however the pipes are painted white.   If you go to this link  and scroll down, past the picture of Hawkeye and BJ, you will see a really good shot of the scrub sink, with someone washing their hands, and you can see the pipes are the grey ones that are painted white.  The shot I have is from Season 5 - so it is later than the one with Frank's hernia, which was in Season 2, I guess the paint had time to wear off since then.  LOL

Thanks so much for asking, I hope this helps, and as always.... Viva La Mash!!!!  

Judy Mitchell

Questions about the characters on MASH, the cast, the television show and different episodes, about bloopers on MASH, about quotes and if I don't know the answer, I'll do my best to find out!

I have been watching MASH since it was an original show, I also watch it 4 times daily in reruns, I can tell when something has been cut from a show (as it was on FX much more frequently than it has been on Hallmark).

Graduated High School in 1974