MASH/Hawkeye's Robe

Achotee wrote at 2012-12-14 03:01:29
The robe was actually made of corduroy. Here's a link from a sight where the actual robe as auctioned off. I recently made one for my nephew is also going to Korea. You can't really buy corduroy robes anymore. You will have to make it. I saw one on line in Europe for over 400 pounds(over $800 US dollars) so I just got a nightshirt pattern similar to it and made it into a robe. I added the pockets with the USA embroidery and made a belt and loops for the belt in the side seams. I used McCall's Pattern M5992 and just made patch pockets.

Achotee wrote at 2012-12-14 03:02:34
Here's the link for the auction: http://www.proparchives.com/television/television-1970s/drama/m-a-s-h/alan-alda-

BiZZuRKS wrote at 2013-12-30 19:42:54
I know this is more than a year late, but my dad had Hawkeyes rob when I was a kid. It's red velour. Synthetic fleece is a modern invention, is way heavier and for me uncomfortable. I've been looking for a red velour robe for years. With no luck. Let me know if you found one.

Pearse O'Connor wrote at 2014-01-26 06:57:58
If they weren't miltary issue, Frank Sinatra is wearing one marked exactly same but MD USA isn't on the pocket as is Hawk's. See "Never So Few " 1959

10john10 wrote at 2015-04-04 23:26:50
Medical Corps robes made from corduroy were issued in red, blue and possibly other colors?  These were produced in large quantities, but with the passing of decades are becoming rare. As of April 2015, there is an ebay seller listing original Korean War era corduroy robes (blue) for a modest $20.00 I believe I had seen these also used on MASH, just not the iconic red one worn by Alan Alda.

MASH

Judy Mitchell