MASH/Song in Last Episode

Hi, Judy! Do you know which song the Chinese quintet was playing when Winchester first encountered them in the last episode of M*A*S*H? I know that Winchester attempts to teach the musicians to play Mozart's "Quintet for Clarinet and Strings," but I haven't been able to find any information about the song the quintet plays when Winchester first meets them. Thank you so much for your help!

Hello Josh!

I have since watched the episode - and it is a Korean song - so not something I recognized.  

I am so very sorry this took so long to answer, I have been trying to find the answer.

I do not know the original song they were playing when Charles first met them, though I do know they launched into "Oh Suzannah" once they realized he was an American.   I will continue to research this, and will get back with you if I am successful in identifying the piece.

Thank you so much for asking, it is a truly original question!   Viva La Mash!!!

Judy Mitchell

Questions about the characters on MASH, the cast, the television show and different episodes, about bloopers on MASH, about quotes and if I don't know the answer, I'll do my best to find out!

I have been watching MASH since it was an original show, I also watch it 4 times daily in reruns, I can tell when something has been cut from a show (as it was on FX much more frequently than it has been on Hallmark).

Graduated High School in 1974