MASH/song in last episode

I found the question asked earlier, but there was no answer ... what is the original (Chinese?) folk song being played by the Chinese musicians when Charles first encounters them riding on the motorcycle in the last episode?  I am sort of "haunted" by this song and would love an answer.  Somewhere this band of musicians must be credited.

Hi Terre,

That song is not titled anywhere that I can find - I believe they played Yankee Doodle when they first met him, before he began teaching them the Motzart piece.   But the original Korean piece has no name that I can find.

Should I discover a different answer, I will happily send you an update.

Thank you for asking, and VIVA LA MASH!

Judy Mitchell

Questions about the characters on MASH, the cast, the television show and different episodes, about bloopers on MASH, about quotes and if I don't know the answer, I'll do my best to find out!

I have been watching MASH since it was an original show, I also watch it 4 times daily in reruns, I can tell when something has been cut from a show (as it was on FX much more frequently than it has been on Hallmark).

Graduated High School in 1974