MASH/Scene in final episode

In the final episode of M.A.S.H. they bug out because of the approaching fire, which in real life destroyed the set in Malibu. I've always wondered where they filmed the scenes with the temporary camp. Tapia Park maybe? Wildwood?

Hi Rob,
 All of the filming, including that of the fire-damaged camp took place at the same location. Since the fire was incorporated into the script, there was never a reason to film anywhere other than where they were all along. However, its an interesting question and it made me wonder if I had missed something. To that end, I contacted my pal, Jeff Maxwell for confirmation.
 Thanks for using and I hope I was able to help you.

Ed Solomonson

Ed Solomonson

I am the co-author of the 828 page, "TV'S M*AS*H - The Ultimate Guide Book." After six years of research and speaking with over 45 M*A*S*H alumni including cast members, guest stars, producers, writers and directors, I can most likely answer any question put to me.

So much a fan since September 17, 1972, I even wrote a book on the subject.

High school plus some college and trade school.