MG Car Repair/Missing key

Question
Hi Barrie,

Hope you can help? I have just purchased a non-runner MGB GT which has been left locked in a garage for several years. The keys have been lost and i need to have a replacement key made to allow me entry into the car

Any suggestions would be most welcome

Many thanks

John Jenkins

Answer
Hi John,

I don't know any easy way to access the car. You can either just drill out the center of the door lock checking the button every so often to see if the drill has rotated the unlock assembly or have a lock smith do it. There were not that many different keys for the old British cars so a lock smith may have many of them that they may have a key that fits. In the dealerships here we often found keys that fit other cars.

Howard

MG Car Repair

Howard M. Fitzcharles III