MG Car Repair/Transmission, 1970 MGB

Question
So it was a beautiful Fall Sunday afternoon, the top was off and the 70-B was running great...then I shifted from 3rd to 4th and suddenly there was complete disconnect between the engine and drive shaft!  The car will not move in any gear.  I've owned this car for 42 years and never had anything like this happen before!  Transmission or clutch?  Or does it matter?  What is my next step? Thanks.  John

Answer
John
The clutch is fluid operated. For it to go out so suddenly...I'd check the fluid level in the clutch master cyl. Check for leaks and for a bad hose and connections. You could ( most likely) need a complete clutch system rebuild if it hasn't been touched for 40 years...at the very least removal and rebuild of the clutch master and slave cyl sand a new clutch hose.  Good luck and let me know what you find.

Brian

MG Car Repair

Brian Warmuth