MG Car Repair/anti-run-on valve wire connectors

Question
Good morning. My name is Mike, and I have 1979 MGB with 1.8 L.
When I got the car from my brother in-law, the connectors on the two wires for the anti-run-on valve were cut off. I have searched everywhere for them, but can't find replacements. Would you have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Mike O.

Answer
Mike

Not sure what type of connectors are on the valve.....possibly what was called the "Lucar" type, which are similar to the readily available slide on flat blade connectors. You may have to modify some available connectors with small needle nose pliers or similar tools to make them fit though. Wonder why they were cut off in the first place? Perhaps the valve is bad? Some other reason?  If your brother in law cut them perhaps he will remember what the problem was at the time.  Good luck.
Brian

MG Car Repair

Brian Warmuth