MG Car Repair/MG TF heatshield

Hello, Mr. Jones.  I've been reading about your heatshields for T-Series cars, and I'd like to acquire one for my 1955 MG TF1500.  Do you sell to customers in the U.S. (I'm in Austin, Texas) or could you direct me to a vendor in the U.S. that has a similar product?  

I'm getting a little tired of the carbs getting overheated after a short drive, and having difficulty restarting the car.  I have had good luck with propping the bonnet open when i park the car, but that's not always a good idea.

TF1500 with heat shield
TF1500 with heat shiel  

Stainless steel heat shield
Stainless steel heat s  
Hi Mark.  Yes, I am happy to sell them to TF owners in the USA.  

I have received many reports from T-type owners complaining about vapour lock when using modern fuel, so I designed this heat shield to protect the carburetter float chambers from the heat of the exhaust manifold.  

This heat shield is designed specifically for the XPAG and XPEG engines with the larger H4 carburetters, as fitted to the 1250cc TF and the TF1500 Midgets made in 1953-55.  You will require additional carburetter gaskets to fit this heat shield.
I have now sold more than 50 of these kits (on a non-profit basis).  So long as there are no modifications to the engine compartment (such as a 5-speed gearbox), it should fit without requiring any modifications.

I have fitted one to my TF1500 and it works well.  It also looks great, really enhancing the appearance of the engine compartment.  I attach a photo of the finished job.

The heat shield costs 15 but it weighs nearly 1kg, so airmail to the USA would add a further 15.30 to the price.  

If you wish to order one, please contact me via (I am the TF Registrar).  

MG Car Repair

Barrie Jones

MG Sports Cars from 1949 to 1980 - Including MGB, MGBGT V8, TF1500, TF, TD and modern Midgets. I also specialise in SU carburettors, Lucas wiring, suspension, steering & brakes.

I have owned my 1955 TF1500 since 1966. Technical specialist for the TD and TF with the MG Car Club T Register. Also owned 20 MGBs and currently own an MGBGT V8. Written 3 books on MGs and produced a DVD on how to strip and rebuild the TD/TF gearbox.

MG Car Club.

Barrie's Notes on the 1953-55 MG TF (author). /=====/ Barrie's Notes on the MGB (author). /=====/ Barrie's Notes on the MGB GT V8 (author). /=====/ The Essential Buyer's Guide to the MG TD, TF and TF1500. (author)

M Phil, C Eng, BSc (Eng).