MG Car Repair/1974 MG midget

During an overhaul, my midget experienced new issues.  I am getting fire to the plugs, but not to the distributor.  Also, no fuel to the carbirator.  There is a possibility, it was sabatouged by my husband, who has since passed away.

Hi Karen:  
Sorry to hear about both the husband and car. If you have spark at the plugs, then it is not likely the distributor as that is a big part of spark at the plugs!
Don't know what you've had done to the car very hard to comment. Certainly the fuel issue is a factor that must be solved. Could be rust in the tank, a plugged filter in the line, pump, or carbs - there are little filters in all of those places. Find some qualified mechanic that knows British cars. Join a local British car club, if there is one near you. Why do you think the car was disabled by your husband? Other evidence of damage? This is likely beyond my abilities. What were "the issues before" and were they solved with the car?

MG Car Repair

Brian Warmuth

General questions regarding most MG autos from 1950 through 1980 - primary are the TD, MGB, Midget and MGA.

Over 30 years of working on and restoration of MGs

Ohio Chapter New England MGT Register, AACA

BA, and MS, from WVU

several local regional awards for restorations