MG Car Repair/Tail lights

Tail Light do not work, Also no blinkers blink, what could be the problem ?  Brakes light lit. I have 1969 MGB American model

Hi Warren,

Any time you have an electrical failure it requires only two tools, A wiring diagram of your car and a 12v test light or vltmeter.

I always start testing at the load (item that don't operate). Using the diagram test a connection joint at a time heading toward the source (battery). I alwasy pick the easiest circuit to test first when I have more then one item that has failed. Most of the time when you have several circuits fail, finding the problem with one, will correct the others too. If not, just pick the next one to test in the same manner.

Using this method makes it impossible to fail to correct the problem. Block all thoughts out of your head as to what it might be.

This is a 100% fix rate procedure.

If you don't have a wiring diagram of your car let me know and I will post one on my web site for you to copy.

MG Car Repair

Howard M. Fitzcharles III

MG from 1956 (USA versions only) up and Engine theory.

Dealership line mechanic on MG, Triumph, Jaguar for 15 years, Instructor in commercial mechanics school 2 yr. Product information manager for piston and valve manufacture, Instructor & hotline answer man for import car parts importer 15 yrs.

Associate member SAE EAA member

Import Car magazine

ASE Master Auto with L-1 certification up to 2000