MG Car Repair/fuel problems

Question
Vechile has been laid up for some time, started and idled ok but then would not then wouldn't restart.Seems to have a  lot of air bubbles in filter, plenty of fuel in tank.

Answer
Hi Michael,

That info is not enough information to find a fix. You will also need to do a little testing for me too. You will need a set of hand tools and extra tools like a compression tester, a 12v test light and a fuel pressure gauge with a piece of hose and clamps.

These extra tools besides regular hand tools are not expensive tools and can be used on any vehicle or engine. The test procedure is the same for all gasoline engines. I also need to know what kind of car this is.

Howard  

MG Car Repair

Howard M. Fitzcharles III