MG Car Repair/54 TF Reference Books / Sites

My husband restored our 54TF and did all the work on it himself.
We are members of various local clubs as well as the New England T register. Rick recently passed away and I am keen to keep the car running well.
I am mechanically inclined (BSME), but do not know where to start to get the necessary "crash course" in maintaining this vehicle.
Have you recommendations for me - forums I should browse etc?

Yesterday it was at a car show in Monterey, CA (it's car week) but I could not drive home as it the right front brake seized when I parked it (removed wheels and checked all four brakes)
I'd like to try to tackle this, but do not know where to start.
Just looking for research reference starting points if you have any to share.

Thank you in advance,

Hi Marja. I

I would find it very difficult to answer your question using the simple Allexperts editing system.  

Please can you contact me via and maybe we can have a better dialogue.  

Alternatively, here are the contact details of three experts on the MG TF who all live in California:

Best Wishes, Barrie Jones

MG Car Repair

Barrie Jones

MG Sports Cars from 1949 to 1980 - Including MGB, MGBGT V8, TF1500, TF, TD and modern Midgets. I also specialise in SU carburettors, Lucas wiring, suspension, steering & brakes.

I have owned my 1955 TF1500 since 1966. Technical specialist for the TD and TF with the MG Car Club T Register. Also owned 20 MGBs and currently own an MGBGT V8. Written 3 books on MGs and produced a DVD on how to strip and rebuild the TD/TF gearbox.

MG Car Club.

Barrie's Notes on the 1953-55 MG TF (author). /=====/ Barrie's Notes on the MGB (author). /=====/ Barrie's Notes on the MGB GT V8 (author). /=====/ The Essential Buyer's Guide to the MG TD, TF and TF1500. (author)

M Phil, C Eng, BSc (Eng).