MIDI and Computer Generated Music/Questions

SubjectDate AskedExpert
Garage Band9/13/2014The Doctor
  Q: I have two questions, I hope you can answer one or both of them. 1. Can I import music from iTunes ...
  A: You cannot import a protected iTunes song into a GarageBand project. However, if a song does not ...
help7/7/2014The Doctor
  Q: I'm just entering the producing world. I would like to know if I can use regular keyboards/midi ...
  A: "Regular keyboards" can refer to any type of keyboard. MIDI controllers, yes, you can change notes ...
FL studio9/20/2013The Doctor
  Q: How do I record my external vocals whilist my internal mp3 instrumental is playng in the mixer so as ...
  A: I have not used Fruity Loops / FL Studio, although several DAWs share characteristics with one ...
Midi to DAW note values to bar values6/7/2013Jay
  Q: I would like to know how actual music notation values map up to the bars in a typical DAW once i ...
  A: That's a good question... and somewhat complex. Bars are just a convenience to us really... to ...
MIDI file standards5/13/2013The Doctor
  Q: I have been using a set of MIDI hymn files on 3.5" diskettes to drive our Church organ for a number ...
  A: I do not have enough detailed information to properly answer your question, however, I can provide ...
Sibelius DAW3/7/2013Jay
  Q: Can i do all that a notation software does using a DAW? If this is in fact the case then i skip ...
  A: Notation software is designed for professional composers and arrangers who are writing for ...
Algorithmic music12/30/2012The Doctor
  Q: I have been using a lot of different music software, as well as some algorithmic music software. I ...
  A: Due to the countless ways of creating that type of music, there is no way to list those ...
Controlling keyboards from iPad9/2/2012Jay
  Q: Jay, I recently purchased an iPad app called Yamaha Set List. It's purpose is to set the sound ...
  A: Sorry, but I have no idea about this app or even if it works correctly - you should contact the ...
My psr 295..5/22/2012The Doctor
  Q: Please i would really need your help, i got few recorded clip on my piano yamaha psr 295,how do i ...
  A: I am unable to provide a proper response without having more information about the exact steps you ...
MIDI and Computer Generated Music4/20/2012Jay
  Q: Again me, Denis. I agree with your answer that "... Finale is great software". I can play the midi ...
  A: Finale is one of the top MIDI production applications available and was specifically designed toward ...
Roland Piano/Floppy Disc/USB/Computer3/25/2012Jay
  Q: i viewed a question that was almost exactly my scenario. I have an older Roland Piano, which is ...
  A: I think what Roland is talking about is the fact that once you have the MIDI files, you can use them ...
Analog Synthesizers3/24/2012Jay
  Q: I was just wondering if you knew anything about analog synths. The reason is that I'm looking into ...
  A: A few pages that I found, most have links to further info: ...
Score editor2/1/2012Jay
  Q: ) What score editor software is best? I would like to make a midi music. I prefer free one. What ...
  A: I can't give you a definite answer on this as it depends on your needs, expectations, equipment you ...
interfacing analog/digital1/15/2012Jay
  Q: H Jay, I have a 16 channel project studio recording into a standalone hard disk recorder. As I ...
  A: You're not alone in wanting to keep and use a lot of outboard gear in addition to having a digital ...
roland midi files1/5/2012Jay
  Q: I'm considering buying the Roland digital grand (RG3) at about $10K so knowing if this problem can ...
  A: Can you please tell me more details on how you played back the MIDI files from the RG3... Did you ...
best composition programme to link to yahama DGX620 keyboard11/20/2011Jay
  Q: At the moment I just compose with pen and paper, but I'm looking for a computer programme to do more ...
  A: He Ali, The Toshiba and XP are fine. I would suggest getting a program such as Sibelius - it gives ...
MP3 to MIDI11/8/2011The Doctor
  Q: I want to convert a complex piece of music to MIDI. Softwares cant convert complex music to MIDI ...
  A: The technology to at least accurately convert music from analog to digital format does not currently ...
Help MIDI MAC problem10/22/2011Jay
  Q: Good day, I am getting frustrated trying to connect my BOSS DR. Rhythm 670 to my MAC! I have read ...
  A: Sorry for the delay as I was away for the weekend and just got back. There are a number of ways to ...
using midi9/16/2011Jay
  Q: I have a Kurzweil rg100se. I have it hooked up to my computer with the 2 midi in and out chords and ...
  A: Look into sample software such as Native Instrument's Kontakt... this will allow you to expand the ...
about music keyboard8/29/2011Jay
  Q: .. I had buy Casio ma150 model keyboard, i like music very much and I don't have any midi cable to ...
  A: You will need MIDI Sequencing software. There are many professional programs, and some free ones ...
external sound card8/15/2011Jay
  Q: recently I have bought a Midi controller as I want to start creating music with a DAW and VST's ...
  A: Unfortunately, the best card for you costs $286 so looks like you're out of luck... Yes, I make ...
FLAC8/9/2011Jay
  Q: I have 2 questions on FLAC. I'm aware of the mechanics of sampling music at different (lower)bit ...
  A: Lossless formats such as FLAC use algorithmic methods to reduce the size of the numbers which are ...
mp3 vs...8/2/2011The Doctor
  Q: I create cd's on occasion from my computer for playing in the car. Some of the songs play without a ...
  A: Some CD players are not designed to play lossy audio formats like MP3, or they are only designed to ...
daisy chain7/23/2011Jay
  Q: I am using pc/windows 7-32 bit. I have 2 Yamaha PSR-170 keyboards with midi in and midi out on ...
  A: It is not possible to connect the second keyboard using midi-ox, midi-yoke, or any other software. ...
Extracting pre-recording from Technics digital piano7/10/2011Jay
  Q: I currently own a Technics SXPX224 Digital Piano and recently acquired an M-audio MIDIsport Uno ...
  A: You don't need to use a mic. Just get a stereo audio cable and connect it from the line out of the ...
Digital Instruments in a song6/27/2011Jay
  Q: my name is Grant, I have a question about digital instruments, it is with regards to a certain sound ...
  A: You can create a deep bass sound using any number of current synthesizers, or you could use a sample ...
Midi files6/17/2011Jay
  Q: Sometime ago I made 2 songs using Anvil Studio.After I converted the midi files to wave and mp3 and ...
  A: If I understand you correctly, it sounds like you have lost the MIDI files? MIDI is like a blueprint ...
Boss dr 6706/12/2011Jay
  Q: I play live music using the Boss dr670 and have run out of memory and need to find a way to increase ...
  A: .. I'd like to help you but you've basically answered the question yourself... without using a ...
hooking up MIDI keyboard to computer5/25/2011Jay
  Q: i have a Yamaha psr-170 that i'm trying to hook up to computer (windows vista) for use with sibelius ...
  A: After you install the MIDI driver, the computer should then recognize the interface when it is ...
Find a chord aving notes5/16/2011Jay
  Q: I'm not a musician! Having composed a bass riff I need to know in which key belongs to develop the ...
  A: The key can be whatever you want it to be... the key will change according to how you develop the ...
mp3 to ape4/26/2011Jay
  Q: Hi Jay Does it help sound quality to convert mp3 to ape an would the bitrate of mp3 matter
  A: No, you will not improve sound quality converting an mp3 to ape format. The new (ape) file would ...
audio/ midi l;atency4/20/2011Jay
  Q: .. my problem is about latency. am using cakewalk pro audio 9 with a roland pc-160 midi controller ...
  A: Latency is caused by many factors including the interface hardware, software, and the computer ...
Midi Projects not played on cubase sx3 and 5.14/10/2011Jay
  Q: My question may indirectly be related . I hope there’s a minimum chance for me. I work with ...
  A: Sorry to hear you are having such troubles... it is difficult enough begin creative without wasting ...
how to get a music file onto my PC3/10/2011Jay
  Q: I know how to download and LISTEN to music on the NET in real time, but how do I get those same ...
  A: In reality, the music you are listening to is just a file sitting on some other computer. What ...
Reducing File Size3/9/2011Jay
  Q: I have some podcasts in MP3 format. I want to burn them on a CD so that I can listen to them in my ...
  A: I would suggest you buy an mp3 player and either listen to it with headphones, or connect it to the ...
Connecting CASIO SA-41 to PC3/7/2011Jay
  Q: How do I connect my Casio-41 with my PC? i would like to play tunes on the keyboard and record them ...
  A: A keyboard needs to have a MIDI or direct MIDI-USB interface in order to do this. I don't believe ...
Mobil Pre USB - Set Up3/6/2011Jay
  Q: I am an aspiring songwriter and trying to set-up my sing development tools/processes. I capture ...
  A: There are many free software apps that can be used with the PC to record audio from your interface. ...
Computer audio volume.2/4/2011Jay
  Q: The maximum audio volume levels on my computer are about one third as loud as they should be. Just ...
  A: Yes, and you have to watch out for moon rays too... they can influence volume levels... especially ...
MIDI1/22/2011The Doctor
  Q: If I have Acid music studio, can I get instrument sounds from the program itself without external ...
  A: Yes, you can get instrument sounds from the computer program, without an external source. However, ...
re: Guitar Recording Using Laptop1/21/2011Jay
  Q: What should i do to record my guitar solos using my guitar processor and laptop? What particular ...
  A: Any USB soundcard will work, but there are units designed specially for recording guitar. Just do a ...

Page:    1  |  2  |  3  |  4  |  5  |  6  |  7  |  8  |  9  |  10   |  Next       All

MIDI and Computer Generated Music

The Doctor

Top Expert on this page