MIDI and Computer Generated Music/Midi to DAW note values to bar values

Hi Jay. I would like to know how actual music notation values map up to the bars in a typical DAW once i import into it.  

I've looked online but no real explanation on it.  I need to make a decision on whether to focus on learning music notation or DAW (notation) if there is such a thing.

Hi Omar,

That's a good question... and somewhat complex. Bars are just a convenience to us really... to visually organize the ideas of rhythm... they roughly follow how our "ear" sees it, but that is subjective. Most DAW's will default to 4/4 and from this you will have to examine the original score to see the composer's intention, or decide for yourself where are the most logical places to divide the rhythm... Focus on learning as much as you can about both forms of notation as they compliment each other and are both useful in different situations.

MIDI and Computer Generated Music

MIDI, Digital Music Composition, Windows Digital Audio Software, Digital Audio Recording, Live Audio Engineering, MIDI Guitar, General Music Theory and Composition.