MIDI and Computer Generated Music/Garage Band

I have two questions, I hope you can answer one or both of them.
1. Can I import music from iTunes into Garage Band? (so that I can edit it)
2. I know how to create an MP3 in Garage Band and then load the MP3 onto a CD, but it won't
play in a CD player. Is there a way to convert the MP3 into a format that is audible on a CD player?

You cannot import a protected iTunes song into a GarageBand project. However, if a song does not have DRM, then select the song in iTunes, choose "Show in Finder" from File menu, then drag the file into GarageBand timeline. It still might fail to import.

You can convert MP3 files to CDA (CD format) with software. An online search for MP3-to-CDA converters will produce many results.  

MIDI and Computer Generated Music

The Doctor

I answer a variety of MIDI & computer related questions. I have multiple music degrees and years of experience in the field.

When asking your question:
1. Please be clear in your message.
2. Provide actual question(s).
3. Please keep it short and concise.
4. Save my one-question-per-day for someone else if you can find the answer on your own.

Please, *no* questions regarding: serial numbers, appraisals, pricing, value, restorations, or when a particular instrument or device was made. Thank you.

15 years professional experience.