MS SQL Server/Cascade Updates in SQL Server

I am trying to convert Oracle database to SQL Server. Ten years ago I converted this same database from Access to Oracle. The database had a lot of cascade updates in it and some are not always downward flow. Sometimes they go up. I used after update triggers with deferred foreign key constraints. Worked good for ten years. Now they want this database in SQL Server. There are no deferred constraints in SQL Server. What is the best way to convert it? Right now I am using Instead of Update Triggers. Is this the right approach?

Dear Dante,

I would suggest to take step approach as you have already.
First complete the conversation and then restructure it the SQL Server way.

Try to avoid triggers to get optimal database performance
Instead use may be SSIS to to perform seats changes.

Please feel free to follow - up.

MS SQL Server

Jwalant Natvarlal Soneji

From general queries about SQL Severs both 2000 and 2005 to advanced features like Integration Services and Reporting Services.

Experience in the area: I have been working with database triggers, stored procedures, views, function, joins, dts, Query optimization. Education/Credentials: BE IT - 2005 Batch with First Class.

BE IT, India