Multiple Sclerosis/like to talk

Question
yes i am scared , actually i am same age as u now when u where
at 2005 . i herd there is some mild cases of it was your case so
severe ?  you see i am 42 now am athlete i was running a marathon
last summer and few weeks later my left leg started to be numb
that went for a while until i started to feel vibration in my left
arm . i went to a doctor and dismissed a stroke she didnt say much
about other things as i didnt ask . a while later my left eye started to hurt and make sounds while moving and my face also
had vibration i made some readings and i got kinda lost between
different kinds of nerves damage actually it did start from the leg
upward i am so ignorant and poor not like you i read on google
and get more panic attacks i even thought its the flares
or guillain barre syndrome .
i read that at early stages it cant really be scanned and i dunno
what is the use of knowing anyway .
you see i live my poor 82 yo mother she loves me so much such
news will kill her  :'(   i kinda told her at start but now am hiding behind my self thinking oh maybe she will die before i start getting real bad effects . i cry now as i write if you might wanna email me we can be friends and reply . i would like
to be your friend i am alone too :/  
i dont want to scan or anything i was thinking to live like the old time guys . if it went down so let it be i am a man at the end
and i have faith .  
i know i asked and you said its not withing your expertise but
now we are more like chatting if you like . do you think its
coming for me ? am not scared in fact i have wishes to die young
i am Syrian and half my people are dead anyway . thanks

Answer
Hello Anas,

You should make an appointment with your Doctor and let him/her know the symptoms you are experiencing.  I'm sure he/she would suggest you getting an MRI.  I know this is very scary, however, the sooner you know, the quicker you can start treatment.  I, too, was very athletic.  
I was a cheerleader in High School and played softball for 30 years.  I was on the Swim and Track teams.  The day I was diagnosed, I went out and bought every book I could find about M/S because I had no idea what I was up against.  Reading and learning about M/S was the best thing I could have done.  It really helped me put things into perspective.  It can be diagnosed immediately from an MRI scan.  The MRI will show any lesions on your brain.  

Hang in there!  Be strong!  

Let me know what happens!

Kindest regards,

Marlene

Please rate my response.  

Multiple Sclerosis

Marlene McDaniel