Multiple Sclerosis/Ms?

QUESTION: Hi good afternoon, my name is Martha and I'm very scared and think I might have ms. It started two years ago I got tingling sensations, numb and burn feeling on both my arms, legs,feet and hands. My dr ran so many blood test and it all came back normal. That lasted for 2 or 3 months and it went away.  Two years later here I am feeling the same feeling I did the last time tingling, burning and feeling numb. I don't have balance problems or anything but I do have a bladder problem, I pee so much. Can you please get back to me and please let me know if this is ms related. Thank you so much. Sincerely, Martha

ANSWER: Hello Martha,

Get in contact with a Neurologist, make an appointment and indicate your symptoms and concerns to him/her.  If you are not aware of a Neurologist in your area, takes your insurance or you have other concerns about finding one, talk to your Primary Doctor and he/she should be able to refer you.

Before your appointment with a Neurologist, keep a journal of how you are feeling and the symptoms you are experiencing each day.  Insist on getting an MRI of your brain immediately!

Hopes this helps!

Please rate my response.

Kindest regards,

QUESTION: Hi Marlene, thank you for your quick reply. Today I saw a doctor and I told him I'm having tingling, numbing and burning and he thinks its not ms because I don't have balance issues or vertigo. He won't refer me to a neurologist but I do believe this problem I'm having is serious. Do you think my doctor is wrong?how did you know you have ms?thank you so much, Martha

ANSWER: Hello Martha,

I woke up one morning with a terrible headache.  I took some aspirin
and all of a sudden the entire left side of my body went numb.  I went
completely blind in my left eye.  The following morning, I went to work
and made an emergency appointment with my Doctor.  She sent me to get an
MRI and three days later I was diagnosed with M/S due to the scars that
were shown on my brain via the MRI.  

I didn't have balance issues at the very beginning.  I definitely would contact
a Neurologist.    Explain to him/her your symptoms and how you are feeling.  
No disrespect to your Doctor, but it is your body and you have a right to be seen
by whomever you choose.

Please rate my response.

QUESTION: Hi Marlene, did you have any numbness, burning in tingling in both arms and legs?i don't have insurance so it's hard for me to see a neurologist. Thank you so much for your replies its so helpful.

Hello Martha,

No, not at first did I experience burning,tingling or numbness.

However, as time past, I began experiencing these symptoms.  That is why it is
so important you see a Neurologist and have a complete MRI done.

Depending on the State you live in, apply for Medicare or Medicaid.  You can get their local
telephone numbers out of the phone book or call information.  Explain your situation and they will be able to help you.

Multiple Sclerosis

Marlene McDaniel

I was diagnosed with M/S in 2005. Since that time, I have read numerous books on all aspects of this disease/illness. I can give good advice on how to handle being diagnosed, the emotional effects this illness/disease has on a person, the ups & downs of this illness/disease and what to expect from family members and friends in regard to this illness/disease.

Diagnosed with M/S in 2005. Read numerous books on this illness/disease. Have attended many support group functions through the M/S Foundation. Currently an Ambassador for the State of California with the Multiple Sclerosis Foundation.

Currently an Ambassador for the State of California with the Multiple Sclerosis Foundation. Author for various M/S Foundation articles.

Various articles for the M/S Foundation.

AS Degree in Law Enforcement. Received a Certificate/Diploma from Heald Business College in 1978. High School Diploma in 1976.