Multiple Sclerosis/ms

QUESTION: Hi Marlene,  have you tried cinnamon for your ms. I read an article about it, scientist are doing an experiment on it and it helped mice with ms get better. How do you keep your ms in check? Are you getting better or getting worse? Thanks, martha

ANSWER: Hi Martha,

No, I haven't heard about cinnamon for Multiple Sclerosis.  However, Neurologists and Scientists are constantly working on various things (spices, foods, medications) to make Multiple Sclerosis an easier illness to live with.  I pray someday they will find a cure.  It might not happen in my generation; however, it might happen in the next.  The knowledge regarding Multiple Sclerosis has come along way even since I was diagnosed in 2005.

How do I keep my M/S in check?  I try and stay as active as I can.  I don't lay around and get depressed.  I'm constantly working on some project, or something.  I have numerous web sites that I am a Moderator for which keeps me pretty busy.  If I am able to help someone, then I feel I have made quite an accomplishment.

Since I was diagnosed in 2005, my M/S seems to have progressed a little.  The numbness in my right leg and my eyesight has gotten worse.  However, I'm not sure if that is due to M/S or getting older.  

Hope I was able to answer your questions.

Please rate my response.

Kind regards,

QUESTION: Hi Marlene, do you know if medical covers an MRI?i just applied and hopefully I'm covered. I'm going to see a neurologist on aug 30th and he don't accept medical but if he sends me to get an MRI I hope it's covered. Have you gotten an MRI through medical. I'm in San Diego and I'm trying hard to find the right neurologist. Thank you so much. Sincerely, Martha

HI Martha,

I have Medicare, so that is different from Medical.  You might call you local Medical office and check.  There telephone number should be on your Medical card or in your local telephone book.

Please rate my response.

Kindest rgards,

Multiple Sclerosis

Marlene McDaniel

I was diagnosed with M/S in 2005. Since that time, I have read numerous books on all aspects of this disease/illness. I can give good advice on how to handle being diagnosed, the emotional effects this illness/disease has on a person, the ups & downs of this illness/disease and what to expect from family members and friends in regard to this illness/disease.

Diagnosed with M/S in 2005. Read numerous books on this illness/disease. Have attended many support group functions through the M/S Foundation. Currently an Ambassador for the State of California with the Multiple Sclerosis Foundation.

Currently an Ambassador for the State of California with the Multiple Sclerosis Foundation. Author for various M/S Foundation articles.

Various articles for the M/S Foundation.

AS Degree in Law Enforcement. Received a Certificate/Diploma from Heald Business College in 1978. High School Diploma in 1976.