Multiple Sclerosis/symptoms

I am a 42 year old guy with no know health problems. For the last few years I have been dealing with fatigue, brain fog, lack of concentration, palpitations, unsteadiness, loss of equilibrium ( sometimes feels like floor is moving or dropping along with sensory issues) light headiness, periods of depression, tingling and slight numbness on top of left arm, finger tips and parts of right hand. I have seen cardiologist and my primary care doctor. Many test ran and all negative. I am highly educated and in good shape. I am not crazy and this is killing my motivation, ect. Does this sound like possible MS symptoms?

Hello Dave,

A few common symptoms of M/S are:  Fatigue, visual disturbances, cognitive dysfunction, sensory problems/pain, spasticity, depression dizziness/vertigo, bladder/bowel dysfunction, gait impairment, speech/swallowing problems, tremor, sexual dysfunction, heat sensitivity.

I suggest you make an appointment with a Neurologist and request a brain MRI.  Tell him/her what you have been experiencing and how these symptoms are affecting your life.  I commend you for being "highly educated" and "in good shape"; however, I have M/S and was a straight A Student all my life, I played competitive girls softball from the age of 8 to about 40 and I was a cheerleader in Jr. High School, High School and College.  

Kindest regards,

Multiple Sclerosis

Marlene McDaniel

I was diagnosed with M/S in 2005. Since that time, I have read numerous books on all aspects of this disease/illness. I can give good advice on how to handle being diagnosed, the emotional effects this illness/disease has on a person, the ups & downs of this illness/disease and what to expect from family members and friends in regard to this illness/disease.

Diagnosed with M/S in 2005. Read numerous books on this illness/disease. Have attended many support group functions through the M/S Foundation. Currently an Ambassador for the State of California with the Multiple Sclerosis Foundation.

Currently an Ambassador for the State of California with the Multiple Sclerosis Foundation. Author for various M/S Foundation articles.

Various articles for the M/S Foundation.

AS Degree in Law Enforcement. Received a Certificate/Diploma from Heald Business College in 1978. High School Diploma in 1976.