Macintosh OS/Copying files to external hard-drive stopped

Question
I started copying files from my Mac OS X Version 10.7.5 to my NASware 3.0TB that I'm currently using as an external hard-drive with an ICY BOX as docking station. When the last of the files were transferring the process froze and wouldn't finish. The bar kept on working saying that there were 5s left but nothing happened for more than ten minutes so I clicked "stop transferring" and now it's been about half an hour that it's saying "Stopping...". I tried to eject the harddrive but of course it won't eject while still in use. Now when I try to look in the folders that are already existing in the harddrive the folders appear empty. I'm a photographer so it's only filled with JPEG and CR2 files but they don't appear. Now I am scared to touch anything in fear of loosing all my work. Please, what do I do?

Thank you in advance

Answer
Hi Tanne.

You might just have to pull the plug on everything. And restart the Mac (and maybe power off and on the NAS) and see if you can find any files.

Yea, that is strange the file files don't appear on the (I think original) hard drive you were copying from.

Let me know what happens after you restart things...  If most of the files are on either/both drives.

Macintosh OS

John Allen