Macintosh OS/miscellaneous used space

Richard wrote at 2012-12-17 18:51:14
Here's what worked.  I Restarted with control-R.  I chose Disk Utility and erased the volume (the internal hard drive).  I quit Disk Utility and then Restored System from Backup, using a recent Time Machine backup.  Everything was back to normal and the mystery 100GB was gone. A clean install would have been very cumbersome, since there are four accounts on this computer.

Thanks again.  

Lchapman wrote at 2013-03-08 03:21:21
I had this issue on two computers. One I erased and did a new install like Richard, which fixed the problem. The other computer I decided to use disc warrior to build a new directory, and that freed up that unusable space as well. The benefit is it did take less time.

Macintosh OS

Debba Robinson