Macintosh OS/Black Screens on iTunes 11.0.1

I had Silent Night Itunes, not thinking anything of it I upgraded to Itunes 11.0.1 and now have blacked out sections where font/screen are black and cannot view them. I've un-installed silent night, tried to go back to older version of iTunes-comp wouldn't let me, tried to un-install intues to go to older version-also wouldn't let me, tried re-installing iTunes in hopes it would restore and still nothing.

Before you emailed, I had no idea what "Silent Night" iTunes. Ok, so it's someone who modified itunes...and the v11 iTunes isn't supported.

Ok, first here's the 10.7 earlier version:

iTunes, like other parts of the OS is pretty deeply set. You might have residual pieces of Silent Night" iTunes...

This free software - App Cleaner - - will take any app that's dragged on it and go grab it's 'other' components - items from the library, application support and preferences that are often left behind.

You might try using it to uninstall itunes 11 and then either reinstall the "silent night" version of 10.7 of itunes, or reinstall itunes 11.

Let me know/if that works and we'll go from there

Macintosh OS

Jeff Greenberg

I can comfortably answer most basic/advanced questions regarding Macintosh hardware and software - nowadays only OSX. In fact, if it's prior to 10.3, there's a good chance I'll reject your question. Forget OS9 stuff - Igave up OS 9 ten years ago). Please do not ask me about OS9. My particular specialties are in Video editing/DVD authoring. I am a certified trainer in the "pro apps" (Final Cut, DVDSP, Soundtrack, Motion). I have been using Macs since 1985.

I'm an Apple Cert. Trainer for FCP, DVD SP, since the inception of this program. I've was
certified as an Apple Cert. Technician back in 1989.

Videography, Macworld, Tibits

BA film- Penn State. Certifications from Apple, Adobe and Avid for training.