Macintosh OS/opening the Mac on right partition

I know very little about Macs or OS X so I bought a Powerbook G4 15" 2005.  It came with a blank hard drive.  A friend loaded 10.5.8 on two partitions, one on a 50gb partition and one on a 10gb partition as a backup in case the main system got fowled up.  The problem is that it boots into the 10gb partition and so I have to turn it off and start up holding the option and then click onto the big partition.  Is there a way I can reverse the boot so that the big partition boots first?
    Also when I got it it had 1gb ram but it wouldn't boot.  My friend exchanged it for 512 ram and it works great.  But will this run Leopard well enough?

The System Preferences under Apple Menu has a setting for Startup Disk.

Leopard should run okay on 512Mb, more is better.
You can find the specs on the model at
You can find the max RAM supported at
You can find instructions on repair at

Monthly maintenance should be done with AppleJack

Activity Monitor in Utilities in Applications folder will show RAM usage.
I have a ScoopIt site for Mac Troubleshooting at

Macintosh OS

David Anders

Seattle - The Computer Guy - 15 yr veteran Mac/PC/network problem solving. Clients are design firms, artists, freelancers and photographers. PLEASE PLEASE provide EXACT info for Mac Model and OS Version. RAM installed - added cards - external devices - recent changes. Do you do MONTHLY MAINTENANCE? With what Utility? What you have tried and what result do you want.

First computer experience 1969. Worked in 3 computer stores. Setup First Mac and First IBM-PC.