Macintosh OS/very slow imac

Running Snow Leopard- 10.6.8 intel 2 Core Duo  2 ghz processor  2 GB memory.

The last two day all has changed. From reasonably fast to impossibly slow. Every command, no matter how minor,  brings  the spinning ball for what seems like eternity. I have tried re-booting, I have unplugged and restarted. I don't know what caused it. I have tried to use Time Machine to go back but either it doesn't work or I do not know how to work it. Do you have any suggestions-

Hi Howard.

One thing to check, is to see if your hard drive is getting full. Yesterday I was getting the spinning ball and my hard drive was down to zero!

Hum... Also, on the hard drive, go to the Applications folder and then the Utilities folder and open up "Activity Monitor" and at the top you can choose "All processes" instead of "My processes" and see if any programs are using lots of CPU.

Macintosh OS

John Allen

I can answer most Mac and related questions. I still use OS 9 from time to time as well as OS X 10.4 through 10.7. Let me know me what model Mac you use and what version of OS X you use since many times it is helpful to know (10.5/Leopard, 10.7/Lion, etc).

I've been a Mac fan since 1990 when I first got a Mac SE/30. Been using Macs at home and at work ever since.

None at this time.

None. Just ran across this Mac tutorial application for Mac users running OS X 10.7 or later:

I've been working for the last 12 years as an Macintosh I.T. administrator at an advertising agency.

I did take a Apple certification test 5+ years ago.

Help neighbors with their PC's and Mac's. Ran a Macintosh bulletin board system for many years. I've lately been asking a lot of questions to the AllExperts linux gurus, and thought I would try my hand and give back by answering questions about Macs.