Macintosh OS/very slow imac

Question
Running Snow Leopard- 10.6.8 intel 2 Core Duo  2 ghz processor  2 GB memory.

The last two day all has changed. From reasonably fast to impossibly slow. Every command, no matter how minor,  brings  the spinning ball for what seems like eternity. I have tried re-booting, I have unplugged and restarted. I don't know what caused it. I have tried to use Time Machine to go back but either it doesn't work or I do not know how to work it. Do you have any suggestions-
please.

Answer
Hi Howard.

One thing to check, is to see if your hard drive is getting full. Yesterday I was getting the spinning ball and my hard drive was down to zero!

Hum... Also, on the hard drive, go to the Applications folder and then the Utilities folder and open up "Activity Monitor" and at the top you can choose "All processes" instead of "My processes" and see if any programs are using lots of CPU.

-John

Macintosh OS

John Allen