Macintosh OS/popup problem in safari

Question
Do you know how I can access the Safari popup blocker on my Mac sys 10.6? I keep getting these popups when I go to this page
http://townhall.com/columnists/starparker/2013/11/04/cruz-and-carson-in-2016-n17
and similar pages at the Garthwaite site. I close the popup and then the screen goes blank while waiting for the reload. It never reloads. I press command R to refresh the page and it does the same thing all over again. I don't experience this problem in Firefox.
Safari 5.01. Thanks.

Answer
David,

I don't really think this is a Mac question as much as a web question - but I'm going to try and answer it anyway.

I think they're using a method that webkit (the engine for Safari and Chrome) can't block without turning off javascript.

This plugin - http://javascript-blocker.toggleable.com/ - allows site specific javascript blocking. I don't think it'll work on your version of the OS - It says Safari 6, but that's the basic issue; they're using something that your version of safari can't block (and since you're not on 10.9, you don't have the latest version of Safari.)

By the way, that's the trade off with safari, it doesn't get updated as frequently as firefox does.

Hope that helps.

Macintosh OS

Jeff Greenberg