Macintosh OS/popup problem in safari

Do you know how I can access the Safari popup blocker on my Mac sys 10.6? I keep getting these popups when I go to this page
and similar pages at the Garthwaite site. I close the popup and then the screen goes blank while waiting for the reload. It never reloads. I press command R to refresh the page and it does the same thing all over again. I don't experience this problem in Firefox.
Safari 5.01. Thanks.

I don't really think this is a Mac question as much as a web question - but I'm going to try and answer it anyway.

I think they're using a method that webkit (the engine for Safari and Chrome) can't block without turning off javascript.

This plugin - - allows site specific javascript blocking. I don't think it'll work on your version of the OS - It says Safari 6, but that's the basic issue; they're using something that your version of safari can't block (and since you're not on 10.9, you don't have the latest version of Safari.)

By the way, that's the trade off with safari, it doesn't get updated as frequently as firefox does.

Hope that helps.

Macintosh OS

Jeff Greenberg

I can comfortably answer most basic/advanced questions regarding Macintosh hardware and software - nowadays only OSX. In fact, if it's prior to 10.3, there's a good chance I'll reject your question. Forget OS9 stuff - Igave up OS 9 ten years ago). Please do not ask me about OS9. My particular specialties are in Video editing/DVD authoring. I am a certified trainer in the "pro apps" (Final Cut, DVDSP, Soundtrack, Motion). I have been using Macs since 1985.

I'm an Apple Cert. Trainer for FCP, DVD SP, since the inception of this program. I've was
certified as an Apple Cert. Technician back in 1989.

Videography, Macworld, Tibits

BA film- Penn State. Certifications from Apple, Adobe and Avid for training.