Macintosh OS/blocked pop up

Question
QUESTION: Today when I went to use doppler radar, on a couple differnet sites, when I tryed to "loop" the radar to see direction, speed etc. I got the message that I had blocked pop up. Could this be related to Apple's recent problem with Java? I'm running system 10.8.2   thanks

ANSWER: Ernie,

I have no idea, I don't know what sites you're running into problems with.

Two suggestions: could you give me the webpages so I can see if it's a problem as well?
Also, possibly try a browser other than safari (such as firefox, but you'll have to 'allow' an exception for those popups.)

QUESTION: First I meant blocked plug in. This is specific to my computer as it is not a problem on my notebook.  Is their a plug in somewhere that needs some attention? Perhaps a switch or update ? I only use Safari ( 6.02).

Answer
Ernie,

Could you please send a link or two to the webpages so I know what plugins are being used?

I'll suggest to update flash as that could be a possibility.

Also, if you don't have google chrome https://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/browser/ could you please download it and see if it has the same problem (Chrome has a built in version of flash.)

After that, I can be of more help.

Macintosh OS

Jeff Greenberg