Macintosh OS/blocked pop up

QUESTION: Today when I went to use doppler radar, on a couple differnet sites, when I tryed to "loop" the radar to see direction, speed etc. I got the message that I had blocked pop up. Could this be related to Apple's recent problem with Java? I'm running system 10.8.2   thanks

ANSWER: Ernie,

I have no idea, I don't know what sites you're running into problems with.

Two suggestions: could you give me the webpages so I can see if it's a problem as well?
Also, possibly try a browser other than safari (such as firefox, but you'll have to 'allow' an exception for those popups.)

QUESTION: First I meant blocked plug in. This is specific to my computer as it is not a problem on my notebook.  Is their a plug in somewhere that needs some attention? Perhaps a switch or update ? I only use Safari ( 6.02).

Could you please send a link or two to the webpages so I know what plugins are being used?

I'll suggest to update flash as that could be a possibility.

Also, if you don't have google chrome could you please download it and see if it has the same problem (Chrome has a built in version of flash.)

After that, I can be of more help.

Macintosh OS

Jeff Greenberg

I can comfortably answer most basic/advanced questions regarding Macintosh hardware and software - nowadays only OSX. In fact, if it's prior to 10.3, there's a good chance I'll reject your question. Forget OS9 stuff - Igave up OS 9 ten years ago). Please do not ask me about OS9. My particular specialties are in Video editing/DVD authoring. I am a certified trainer in the "pro apps" (Final Cut, DVDSP, Soundtrack, Motion). I have been using Macs since 1985.

I'm an Apple Cert. Trainer for FCP, DVD SP, since the inception of this program. I've was
certified as an Apple Cert. Technician back in 1989.

Videography, Macworld, Tibits

BA film- Penn State. Certifications from Apple, Adobe and Avid for training.