Macintosh OS/deleting app on Mac

I apologize for this being such a basic question - I need to delete the Flipshare app and re-install it.  I want to be sure to delete all files associated with the app, but obviously want to keep the movie (data) files.  I then plan to re-install the app to try to solve the problem with Flipshare not responding.

So, I have no idea what Flipshare is.

By any chance is it the program that with the Flip Camera (as seen here:

Cisco (who owns flip) is no longer making the cameras/software. This is problematic because it does not work on OSX 10.7 or 10.8.

Meanwhile, to answer your question directly, Apple's strategy for deleting an app is drag it to the trash. There are some small supporting pieces still left over. Your data files are not deleted by dragging it to the trash.

If you want to delete the app, it's preferences or the small supporting pieces, one of the easiest ways I know is via App Cleaner:
It's free and won't do anything unless you tell it to.

Let me know if any of that helps

Macintosh OS

Jeff Greenberg

I can comfortably answer most basic/advanced questions regarding Macintosh hardware and software - nowadays only OSX. In fact, if it's prior to 10.3, there's a good chance I'll reject your question. Forget OS9 stuff - Igave up OS 9 ten years ago). Please do not ask me about OS9. My particular specialties are in Video editing/DVD authoring. I am a certified trainer in the "pro apps" (Final Cut, DVDSP, Soundtrack, Motion). I have been using Macs since 1985.

I'm an Apple Cert. Trainer for FCP, DVD SP, since the inception of this program. I've was
certified as an Apple Cert. Technician back in 1989.

Videography, Macworld, Tibits

BA film- Penn State. Certifications from Apple, Adobe and Avid for training.